Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Who Is George Liquor? AND A NEW CARTOON IN THE WORKS!

For those of you who don't know who George Liquor is, here are some highlights of his history.

Painting by Bill Wray from the first starring role in Ren and Stimpy.

Man's Best Friend

Drawings by me and Mike Kim.


Animation by Carbunkle.



George Liquor's personality and humor is a combination of classic situation comedies and cartoon humor at the same time. The personalities are grounded in reality but very exaggerated. You can identify with the personalities and situations and motivations, yet impossible cartoon stuff can happen too.


Dog Show

My influences are not just cartoons but old TV comedies like The Honeymooners, All In The Family, Get Smart and The Bevery Hillbillies. These were all really strong character comedies. The writing was all about who the characters were and how they played off each other in certain situations.

I think these are drawn by Chris Reccardi.


Ren and Stimpy was also a combination of personality sitcom humor with outlandish cartoon jokes.



episode 8, Babysitting The Idiot

This is from the first ever online cartoon series, (The Goddamn George Liquor Show)
drawings by Aaron Springer.

There's George with his nephews, Slab, Ernie and Jimmy the Idiot Boy.








George Liquor stories and art

THE GEORGE LIQUOR PROGRAM

SPONSOR THE GEORGE LIQUOR SHOW YOU EEDIOTS!!!

GEORGE LIQUOR PLUGS TOWER RECORDS

Of course George was voiced by the great Mike Pataki!
George is a real God-Rearing bugger, that's for dang sure! Hey wanna see the latest one I'm working on? I'll personally pitch it to you just like I do at the networks.

5 comments:

Dave_the_Turnip said...

I gotta say, George Liquor is such an awesome character. Reading some of the pitches on this page, just imagining Mike doing the voice had me laughing.

I hope you get to do more with him. I'd buy it!

Sphyzex_9 said...

George Liquor is the best cartoon character I've seen in years. This show would do fanatastic.

Callum said...

I was watching the Ren and Stimpy Man's Best Friend episode yesterday (sadly the edited version) and I wished he'd been more of a star of the show. Hope this gets signed.

rodineisilveira said...

"I'm Kaspar, the unfrinedly bear..." (This was just to satirize the Casper's theme song.)

Paul said...

I bought all 3 of the Ren and Stimpy box sets when i was in the USA.
i love the banned George Liquor! Thanks for that.

I hope you will type a blog about how you got into the animation world.
You could give people like me advice on how to start.

Loyral fan here!